The Psychology of Yoga
SUITABLE for anyone studying Psychology and who wants a broader view than what is currently being taught in traditional academia. In addition, serious yoga teachers or ayurvedic practitioners would also benefit from this course.
- A 22 class series delving into the depths of Yogic thought and its psychological influence on the western world.
- Includes 4 hours of personal zoom time with Jeffrey Armstrong.
- 1 hr Sessions booked after completion of the 5th, 11th 16th and 22nd class
- Certificate of Completion Available from VASA
Vedic scholar, master story-teller and 40 year yoga practitioner, Jeffrey Armstrong takes you on an initiatory journey into the depths of Yogic thought and its psychological influence on the western world. Jeffrey develops the context in which Western Psychology developed and then takes us through the various chapters of its growth reminding us that in India, yogi’s have been studying the mind and subtle energies for 10,000 years.
Coming in 2021 as a BOOK
- The Origins of Yoga and Psychology
- The Thought Paradigms that Gave Rise to Psychology
- Male and Female Psychology and the Sun Moon Meditation
- The Three Levels of Yoga Psychology
- Exploring the Subtle Realms
- Psychotheology – The Pinnacle of Personhood
- Symbols and Archetypes in Psychology and Yoga
- Male & Female | Human & Divine
- Modern Psychology and the Ayurvedic Body Types
- The Chakras & the Hierarchy of Needs according to Abraham Maslow
- From Addiction to Enlightenment: Psychedelics, Psychosomatics & Neurotransmitters
- Humanis Empathicus: How We Become the Stories We Tell
- Secrets of Dhyana or Meditation
- The Atma and the Unconscious Mind
- Transitions, Gaps, Black Holes and Quirks
- Imprinting and How Our Mind Is Controlled
- Body Types and Gunas the Missing Para
- Reprograming the Biocomputer with Yoga Part 1
- Reprograming the Biocomputer with Yoga Part 2
- Bhakti, Emotions and the 10 Senses
- How Our Story Creates Our Identity
- Ecstasy, Neutrality, Ego